Welcome to PCSSL Referee page. Thank you for volunteering to referee and helping
young players play safer and better soccer. All PCSSL games will be played on Sundays from March 5th 2017 to May 21st, 2017. No playoffs.
* U10 and U12 headings are not allowed
Deliberate heading of the ball is not allowed in the Under-10 and Under-12 divisions. Deliberate heading is not a foul, but it is a violation of permissible playing technique in these divisions. Referees will saction deliberate heading by awarding an Indirect Free Kick (IFK) to the opposing team at the place where the player touched the ball with his/her head. If inside the defending team's penalty area, the attacking team's IFK must be taken on the penalty area line parallel to the goal line at the point nearest to where the player touched the ball. Heading is allowed in the Under-14 and older divisions.
Details on the PCSSL Rules and Referee Instructions.
* Formal Cards: PCSSL Strongly recommends NO formal Cautions or Send-Offs to U10 players and formal Cautions or Send-Offs to U12 players only on exceptional circumstances.
* How to sign up to referee games in another Regions or Fields:
(1) Email PCSSL Regional Referee Coordinator of the Region with your badge level and Experience.
(2) If you still need help - please email me(firstname.lastname@example.org) but
please contact the Regional Ref Administrators first.
All player and coaches ID passes must have the following PCSSL logo laminated:
(4) Referees will keep all Game Cards and Time sheets (for U16 & U19) for the entire season.
Referees will need to produce the games cards and timesheets if requested by the league.
(5) Send-Off Report & ID pass mail to:
Drew Van Horne, 1201 St. Joseph Ave , Los Altos, CA 94024
Send-Off report email (same day) to :
Drew Van Horne (League Director) email@example.com
Uttam Saha (PCSSL Referee Administrator) firstname.lastname@example.org